How this Chair can pay for itself? This high back gaming chair may look all plain and black. But it’s equipped with features that can either make your gaming experience more comfortable or you can get the worth of your purchase.
It’s a very affordable gaming chair. But not all affordable chairs pay for themselves after several months or years of use. We’re going to review one of the best gaming chairs of Furmax. And let’s take a look if the chair will be able to pay for itself.
Made from high-density PU leather with a thicker foam padding and an all-black exterior, this gaming chair exudes an aura of sophistication. For those who are looking for a more subtle looking gaming chair, this fits the bill. It even looks more pricey than what it’s worth.
Thick padded seat and backrest
The backrest and the seat are sufficiently padded. It’s even quieter than some more expensive gaming chairs. The level of comfort of the seat and the backrest, however, is quite subjective. The thick padded seat features firm support. But some users find it too firm for their liking. As for us, we favor a firm cushion over a very plush one since the former can give more support without you sinking into the chair.
However, the lumbar support in the form of a lumbar pillow is quite aggressive. The pillow is strapped to the chair and locked at the back. So you also have an option to adjust it. But even with a few adjustments, we find it too firm for our liking. It feels okay after a few hours. But it becomes too pushy for us after a while.
Tilt, rock, and recline
This gaming chair offers three motions that will relieve the soreness from your back and body if you have been sitting for longer hours. One, you can rock the chair back and forth. So it can release the pressure from your back. This motion is effective in relaxing and relieving back pain.
Two, you can tilt the chair so you can sit back in a more comfortable position. And three, the chair can be reclined from 90 to 180 degrees. This position allows you to take a break momentarily from continuous gaming without the need to get off the chair.
Durability and stability
As for the durability, this chair feels rock solid. And for its price tag, it may seem like you paid for more. It felt steady and solid for a user who weighs 250 lbs, so we reckon that the advertised weight capacity of the chair is indeed true. You can feel that the chair can afford to bear more weight. Thus, even when reclined, it won’t collapse. We did not hear any creeks and there wasn’t any sign that the chair is overtaxed with the hefty weight.
The not so good stuff
- The headrest tends to sag after a while. Though at the first few uses, this is one of the features that we really loved. It provided a nice cradle and support for the neck. Hence, preventing neck strains. But sadly, it was wonderful while it lasted. And it only lasted for a few months.
- As mentioned earlier, we find the lumbar support too rigid and aggressive. If you’re not used to a very firm back support, this can cause your back strain.
- The armrests are bolted to the seat. So it’s not adjustable. You also have an option to assemble the chair without the arms. But if you are playing for several the whole day, armrests are essential. Also, the arms are made from plastic and are not padded. We’d love to have padded arms as this makes gamers more comfortable, especially during an intense game.
And since you can not adjust the arms, some users find it challenging to play with a keyboard and mouse. You have to fit into the chair to truly appreciate the arms. We have heard of users placing a pillow on the arms to make it softer and to increase the height a bit.
- The width of the seat was falsely advertised. The brand claims that it has a wide seat. However, the seat only measures 15 inches, which is 3-4 inches from the advertised measurements. So if you have hips wider than 15 inches, you’ll find this cramped. And although it has an extended cushion at the edge of the seat, it doesn’t have any give. So your big butt and big hips will be caged in a 15-inch seat and can rub off against the metal part of the chair.
- This is one of the gaming chairs of Furmax that really felt solid and durable. The steel tubular legs are very supportive, the exterior material and padding are sufficient. And the padding does not flatten out easily. Also, the PU leather material does not peel easily compared to other gaming chairs of the brand.
- Shipping is satisfactory. The chair arrived without scratches or damage. All the parts are packaged properly. Though some were not labeled, the small parts came in their own packing, so they were grouped for easier installation. And you have to refer to the instruction manual with the drawings of the parts since they aren’t labeled.
- This chair is nice and tall. Thus, taller users will benefit more from this gaming chair. And they are also more likely to fit into the stationary armrest. Since this chair seems like it was made for taller individuals, the height of the arms will be comfortable for this group of people.
- So, if you’re petite, this is where you’ll encounter problems. The arms will be too high for you. Though you can adjust the seat and it can go low for shorter users, the armrest won’t.
- Is it comfortable? If you favor very firm support, by all means, it will be comfortable for you. Otherwise, you’ll be able to find the chair decent for just 3-4 hours of use. Like us, we felt the back support was coming on too strong, and it’s like we were being pushed forward. So we did not find it comfortable for a whole day’s use.
- It offers three different motions that can relieve or ease back pain. The rocking back and forth, the tilt, and it can be reclined all the way down.
- In terms of durability, we have no complaints about this chair. It’s solid as a rock and has a higher weight capacity. Thus, you will not worry if you are reclined or tilted back. It still feels stable and even with sufficient weight, it doesn’t feel like you’re going to fall off the chair or it’s going to collapse. This chair can hold its pose.
- Though the chair can accommodate one who weighs over 250 pounds. The seat will be too narrow for those who have really wide hips and big butt.
- Assembly is fairly easy. It was easier to set up than the Furmax gaming chair with the pull-out footrest. Though you have to be able to understand graphics instructions as the manual comes with all drawings. It’s a bit similar to how you would set up an IKEA furniture, desk, or chair.
- The caster wheels roll out smoothly. There wasn’t any noise and it did not scratch or ruin our hardwood floors.
- The 30-degree fill swivel worked as advertised.
- Customer support is okay, though it’s not too impressive. The good bit is that if you encounter problems with the setup, the brand has several tips indicated in the manual. The not so good bits are that some users reported a not so satisfactory encounter with their customer service.
- The overall look of the chair is sophisticated. Sleek and simple. It can blend in any office space, meeting room, and home office. It does not have those colorful edgings but you’ll feel the difference once you sit on it. It does feel like a leather car seat. It also looks more expensive than what it really costs.
Where did we base our choice
For its price range, we feel that you will be getting more value from this chair. That’s provided that you are comfortable with firm support and you are on the taller side. And albeit the stationary arms, we still chose this gaming chair as the best pick out of the other gaming chair of the brand. Because it’s rock-solid, looks and feels well made, and can last longer compared to other Furmax gaming chairs.
This gaming chair from Furmax is one of the more affordable gaming chair options in the market. Though there are some negative bits, we can still say that will can be getting value from it as long as you fit into it.
With the super affordable price, you really will not be able to complain even if not everyone will find this a great fit. It may be not for all, but yes, this gaming chair can pay for itself.
Not enough? Click to Read more another Review of Furmax Office Gaming chair