Mesh ergonomics chairs have been gaining more popularity. They look modern, sleek, and can render a modern vibe to any space. Apart from the streamlined aesthetics, mesh office chairs are praised for their breathability. And with better air circulation around the chair, it can make you feel more comfortable, hence productivity is increased.
So today, we are going to review an ergonomic mesh chair in the market, the Argomax. Let’s see what this office chair can offer in terms of comfort and performance.
Table of Contents
Mesh chars have this certain aura of sophistication. They are a different take from your trusty old-fashioned padded office chairs.
We love the streamlined look of the Argomax, but in terms of uniqueness, we can’t say the same. It actually looks very similar to other mesh chairs in the market such as the Ergohuman 2 and the XUER ergonomics office chair. Except that the XUER chair has a padded seat instead of a mesh material.
Both office chairs also have almost the same features such as the adjustable headrest. There’s just a little bit of a difference in terms of the back design.
So if you’re asking if it will be able to stand out, the design isn’t really that unique. It’s not like the Herman Miller Sayl or Mirra that you can instantly tell from afar. It looks a lot similar to other ergonomic mesh chairs you can find in the market.
But how about the comfort
The Argomax mesh chair can be comfortable And it can also be uncomfortable. How come? Let’s dabble a bit on the firmness of the chair.
You see, mesh chairs are comfortable in terms of the breathability factor. The mesh material used in Argomax is in fairness, durable and flexible. So it can somehow move with you. Thus, it can lessen pressure points. Some people on our team who have had back problems were able to enjoy this mesh chair for several hours. And that’s without any pinching points or pain.
But these people also favor a firm to a too firm seat and back. So they don’t mind the lack of a padded seat. The S shape of the backrest and adjustable lumbar also accounts for the comfort. So those who favor firm support will love this mesh chair.
Now, let’s take a look at the other side of the coin. Mesh chairs can be tough and too firm. And albeit the flexible mesh material of the Argomax, it can still feel too firm for some. If you are for plush softness, you will not appreciate this chair.
So going back to the question above, is this ergonomic mesh chair comfortable? Those who are used to firm support will find it very comfortable for the back and butt. And those who don’t like firm support will not feel comfortable sitting in this office chair for more than three hours.
Now that we have tackled comfort, we will list down several features that make this Argomax chair a worthy buy.
- It can recline fairly far. And the chair was able to hold itself well in this position. It will stay locked and will not collapse. Just as long as you do not go overboard the weight capacity of the chair, you’ll be fine.
So gamers will probably love this option. You can take a rest momentarily from the heated game. You’ll also be able to take a nap on it.
- The armrests are fairly ergonomic and adjustable. It’s a 3D armrest so you can move it in and out and change the height. Though we wished it also has a bit of mesh covering instead of just the plain plastic. This will make the chair more cohesive looking. And might also be able to add comfort to your arms.
- It’s highly breathable. As mentioned above, this is the strongest point of almost all mesh office chairs. And with the seat covered with a mesh material too, this is ideal for use during the summer or when your space does not allow for enough ventilation.
- It’s affordable. You can enjoy almost all adjustable features ( well except for the seat depth) at a fraction of the cost.
The what could have been better
And some parts and features will make you think twice before buying this mesh chair.
- As we have mentioned above, if you don’t like firm support, this is not for you.
- We are having some issues with the backseat. Even if it was installed properly and we made sure that all the connections were tight and sweet, there is still a bit of wobbling and shaking. Though it’s not enough to rock you off your boat, it can be annoying for most people. The entire office chair itself is decently sturdy, except for the backrest. It did not collapse but you will get the feeling that it may soon after prolonged use.
- The instructions in fine print were very challenging to understand. If it’s your first time putting together an office chair, it might take you hours to figure things out. And the parts are not labeled properly. There is no clear indicator on which part is A, B, and C. So you will find it hard to correlate it with the instructions with the illustrations.
And some clients also complained that their purchase came with two different sets of instructions which were very different from one another. So there is a lot of confusion there as to which manual to follow. So in instances like this, you don’t have any choice to hover through YouTube to find instructions on how to set the chair up. And though you might not find a lot, there are a few decent channels that can show you how to put the chair together.
- The back piece that connects to the base has more gaps than what we were used to. And we think this is what caused the little wobbling of the backseat despite the screws all tightened up.
- It comes with extra parts such as the washers and screws that you need for the installation. So if you happen to lose a few screws, you don’t need to rush to the hardware. It’s a nice move that not all manufacturers do. So this is a big plus.
- The Argomax has almost all features and parts adjustable. So you might still be able to find a sweet spot of comfort. But this is not 100 percent guaranteed. A few members of our team, despite not favoring a plush comfort, find the shape of the backseat a little bit awkward. So the shape of the chair, despite having all adjustable features, will not be for everybody.
- The high back seat is very much welcome. It can accommodate those who are taller. But with the issues of a bigger gap between the base and the part that connects it to the backseat, this will somehow lessen the comfort of the backseat. And not to mention, there is still a bit of wobble in the backseat despite tight connections.
- If breathability is one of your priorities and you favor firm support, you will likely find this mesh chair rather comfortable.
- Like some mesh chairs with a high backrest, the Argomax looks sleek and slender. It can make a space or office look more modern and streamlined. But can it make it unique? Chances are not. There are other mesh office chairs in the market that look exactly like it. And you will not be able to tell the difference from afar.
- The shape and design of the backseat force you to assume an upright position. For those who will happily oblige, they will not mind it. But if you have a very bad posture to start with, this can be too tiring for your back.
You might not be able to sit in this chair for longer than 3 hours. The chair kind of pushes you in the right direction, it’s a bit on the aggressive side. So if you’re not that willing, you might feel tired.
So those with an already proper posture can find this chair comfortable. If you have a bad posture, on the other hand, it can be a struggle, especially if you’re going to sit on it for the entire work hours. It nudges you right away to an upright posture. We’d like to think of that as tough love. And not all people like tough love.
The Argomax mesh office chair can be a comfortable chair for some, but it will still have some issues and concerns. The wobbling issue is the most concerning of all. The problem lies with the gap in the connecting parts, so tightening up the setup will not make any difference at all. That’s why even with the chairs’ 330 lbs weight capacity, we recommend it for lighter individuals. In this way, the wobbling issues will be minimized.